What if you want to create an invoice for just a partial amount of the remaining balance—such as a deposit, down payment, or other smaller payment?
Doing so is as simple as one extra step. If you already know how to create or edit an invoice, you can click here to be taken to that extra step. Otherwise, we're happy to show you how to create partial amount invoices from the beginning.
1. Navigate to https://www.mylittlesalesman.com/ and log in to your account.
2. Select "MY ACCOUNT" from the upper right corner.
3. Select "Deals" just below the Sales Desk options.
4. Locate the corresponding Deal in need of an invoice and select "Edit."
5. Once in the Deal editing panel, select "INVOICES, QUOTES, & PAYMENTS" from the tile-like buttons near the top. If you cannot initially see this button, you may need to use the right-pointing horizontal arrow button to scroll through the square button options.
6. Here, you can either "Edit" the existing invoice that gets created as part of all new Deals, or you can create a new invoice, by selecting the "+ New" button followed by " + New Invoice" from the dropdown options.
7. The extra step: Enter the partial amount you would like to be reflected in the invoice, such as for a down payment, deposit, and the like. In this instance, we will enter "600" to reflect an invoice for a $600 down payment or deposit.
8. Select "Save changes" toward the bottom.
9. After selecting "Save changes", to View, Download, or Email the invoice, you will need to return to the "INVOICES, QUOTES, & PAYMENTS" panel by once again selecting the corresponding tile-like button among the top options.
10. To view the invoice you have created, select the corresponding "View" button.
11. Viewing the invoice, you will see $600 as the "Partial Amount Due" for the customer.
12. To email this invoice to the customer, scroll to the top of the invoice and select the "Actions" button in the upper right corner followed by the "Email" option. From these options, you can also choose to Edit, Print, or download a PDF copy of this invoice.
13. In the email panel the opens, enter the email address or addresses of the intended recipients of the invoice for the partial amount. If you'd like, you can enter a message explaining what next steps you would like the recipients to take.
14. When you are ready to send, simply select the "Send email" button at the bottom.
And it's just that easy!
Congrats—you're now equipped with the knowledge of how to send invoices for partial amounts in just a few steps. If you're going to issue a new invoice after you record that deposit/down payment, we've got a tutorial on how to create an invoice for a remaining balance,
If you have any further questions, feel free to access the chat window in the lower right corner of your screen or reach out to a My Little Salesman representative for assistance.